New social media literacies is best to be considered as social skills rather than autonomous user technical knowledge about how to use modern web 2.0 tools. However it is still midnight at Palermo… Schools in Greece are still trying to educate students in modern ICT technology, ignoring that the essential point is cultivating social skills to navigate in the virtual sphere. So school’s lessons are becoming more and more irrelevant to the modern reality and consequently more and more boring. Education always failed to educate the inquiring mind while succeeding to educate mathematicias, engineers, linguistics. Today the question is whether school will manage to educate the collective, social and inquiring inteligence. Should we be optimistic?
March 28, 2009
Social Media literacies as Social Skills…
This entry was posted on Saturday, March 28th, 2009 at 4:56 pm and tagged with learning, social media, social skills, web 2.0 and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- 4,861 hits
Search my blog
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Alex on Missing library.nu: obscuranti… thinksociety on Hybrid Society Joe on The awful hypocrisy of fa… Randall Arnold on Wired & disconnected! alex on How children learn in a Hybrid…
- Nikki Mattocks: "Social media is a blessing and a curse" cafebabel.co.uk/society/articl… via @cafebabel_ENG 2 weeks ago
- RT @Neil_Selwyn: new book is out on Nov 29th - ethnographic study of the realities of #edtech in schools - routledge.com/Everyday-Schoo… https://… 2 weeks ago
- “How Technology is Hijacking Your Mind — from a Former Insider” by @tristanharris journal.thriveglobal.com/how-technology… 3 weeks ago
- BBC News - Lele Tao: The 'online goddess' who earns $450k a year bbc.com/news/av/magazi… 1 month ago
- ATLAS.ti in the Classroom: teaching resources atlasti.com/learning-old/c… 1 month ago
- New book on Web 2.0 and Social Informatics for Tertiary Learning
- PhD course on Networked Learning and the Net Generation – 1-2 May 2010
- Online seminar on Networked Learning and International Development
- Call for Abstracts – Nordic Interdiscplinary Conference on Discourse and Interaction
- New interesting tools for designing learning
Search my blog