A friend of me commented when he saw a facebook list for first time: all these girls are looking so beuatifull! I think users, especially female, make great efford to choose their best photos. And this is quite normal and expected I think.I also noticed that users usually prefer to appear with other in their profile photos. I looks like telling the others: look I am not alone, I am social successful!In localized face to face relations we appear attractive to new persons by explicit presenting our personality, we don’t carry our friends with us in a bundle. In facebook we try to appear attractive to new possible friends by presenting our established social network, our existing friends. In theory I think this is a good way to make the others trust us. But I wonder what will be the consequences of this new way of approach in our face to face, traditional making of new relations. May be will be less capable of gaining the others with our personality.
August 18, 2008
in facebook we demostrate our best image… but are we becoming less face-to-face social talented?
This entry was posted on Monday, August 18th, 2008 at 9:17 pm and tagged with facebook, hybrid society and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- 4,838 hits
Search my blog
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Alex on Missing library.nu: obscuranti… thinksociety on Hybrid Society Joe on The awful hypocrisy of fa… Randall Arnold on Wired & disconnected! alex on How children learn in a Hybrid…
- Zuckerberg's vision vs. Building communities through blogging: a less noisy social media way… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
- Are you a soldier or a scout? ideas.ted.com ideas.ted.com/why-you-think-… 1 month ago
- Inside Facebook’s AI Machine – Backchannel | @scoopit sco.lt/8FefJZ 1 month ago
- Your Samsung SmartTV Is Spying on You, Basically | @scoopit sco.lt/9K2W25 2 months ago
- Hacking the Attention Economy by danah boyd points.datasociety.net/hacking-the-at… 2 months ago
- New book on Web 2.0 and Social Informatics for Tertiary Learning
- PhD course on Networked Learning and the Net Generation – 1-2 May 2010
- Online seminar on Networked Learning and International Development
- Call for Abstracts – Nordic Interdiscplinary Conference on Discourse and Interaction
- New interesting tools for designing learning
Search my blog